Meet the Collier County Supervisor of Elections
Governor Jeb Bush appointed Jennifer to the office of Supervisor of Elections in June of 2000. Jennifer was unopposed in her bid for the office in 2000, 2004, 2008 and again in 2012.
Prior to her appointment, Jennifer held several key positions during her 13-year tenure with the Collier County Manager Agency: Budget Analyst, Assistant to the County Manager and Human Resources Director. Jennifer earned her Bachelor’s from the University of Kentucky and her Master’s from Eastern Kentucky University.
Jennifer is also a State Certified Supervisor of Elections and was awarded her Certified Elections Registration Administrator (CERA) designation from the Elections Center. Jennifer was also awarded a Chancellors Certificate in Public Administration from the International Association of Clerks, Recorders, Election Officials and Treasurers (IACREOT). She has served as Treasurer, Secretary, President Elect, President and Past President of the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections (FSASE). She is a member of Immokalee Multicultural Community Action Board of Directors, Leadership Collier, League of Women Voters, Leadership Marco and Marco Kiwanis.
Jennifer is a native of Kentucky and moved to Collier County in 1984. She is married to Ronnie Edwards and they have 2 children and 2 grandchildren.
The Supervisor's Responsibilities
• Administering all elections in Collier County
• Providing information and statistics on voter registration, voting and elections
• Voter education
• Issuing voter information cards
• Conducting voter registration
• Providing absentee voting
• Qualifying candidates for office
• Receiving campaign finance reports
• Maintaining election equipment
• Hiring and training election workers
• Renting and equipping polling places